Test Drive Production Grand 2 LE
Digital download delivery:
Immediately after checkout, download links are provided by email. The download is in 4 parts. Each download link is about 1.6 Gb in size except for the last file that is smaller. Total file download size is approximately 6 Gb. Only download three links or less at a time to avoid file corruption on download. Download times depend on internet connection speed.
The files can be expanded using any ZIP utility. Mac users can simply double click the downloaded file.
Production Grand LE DEMO Features:
- Only C’s and samples from G3 through C5 are available in the DEMO version
- 8 microphone perspectives
- 12 velocities pedal up samples
- 12 velocities pedal down samples
- 12 velocities release samples
- Authentic Pedalling: adds pedal resonance and realistic pedal control.
- Authentic hammer mechanism noises (labeled: Pre-Attack)
- User controllable recording noise for added studio realism
- Recorded with world-Class microphones: Coles, AKG, Classic U87s, B&K, Crown etc.
- Best possible A/D converters used: Burl Mothership
- Best possible microphone preamps used: API and Neve
1. Player’s Perspective: Player’s perspective that is near binaural. When you put on your headphones with this perspective, it will sound like you are there playing the piano! The player’s perspective was recorded with a Crown SASS-P MKII.
2. Hammer Microphones: I’m a big fan of hammer microphones. With the hammers recorded you will get plenty of attack and a more aggressive sound.
3. & 4. Inside Microphones: This is the sound most people associate with piano recordings. We decided on two sets of inside piano microphones: vintage Neumann U87s (they say West Germany on them!) and the modern Rode NT2As. This gives the player the ability to get that classic piano sound or the modern wider-range sound or both!
5. Outside Microphones: Just outside the piano we used really expensive Neumann M149 modern tube microphones. The engineer called these the “Golden Sound” microphones. This microphone pair has a classy sound and a more balanced tone than the inside and hammer microphones.
6. & 7. Room Microphones: In an attempt to give you modern and classic choices, we used Coles ribbon microphones and AKG C414s on the rooms. The ribbons sound like… ribbons… smooth and velvety! Ribbons take EQ well; another reason to include them. The AKGs sound true to the piano’s tone in the room.
8. Under Piano Microphone: Underneath the middle of the piano we used a PZM (pressure zone) microphone to give a clear centre image to the sound.
Room Microphones: Coles Ribbon, AKG 414
Hammer Mics: B&K
Inside Mics: vintage NeumannU87, modern Rode NT2A
Outside Piano: Neumann M149
Piano Bottom: PZM
Player’s Perspective: Crown SASS-P MKII for near binaural experience when played!
***Note: We used an elite studio, Phase One Studios, with very expensive equipment to get such an amazing sound! We didn’t hold back! ***
Requires NI Kontakt 5.6.8 or greater (not provided).
A computer that meets the minimum Kontakt requirements.
6 GB of free hard drive space.
Solid State Drive or Raid Drive recommended for best performance with 3 or more microphone perspectives active at one time.
Note: Compatible with the full version of Kontakt only (not provided). Not for use with Kontakt Player.
Specifications subject to change (with or without notice) as updates and improvements are made.
PDF Production Grand 2 User Manual
This manual covers the full version of Production Grand which includes the Production Grand 2 LE Silver edition samples.