Concert Grand LE
- 9 microphone perspectives
- Ambisonic 3D sound control
- 200 GB of samples before lossless compression
- 24 bit 96k source samples reduced to 16 bit 44.1k using Goodhertz conversion
- Round-robin pedal noise samples with normal and loud settings
- Sampled key up mechanical noises from the actual keyboard action
- Sympathetic Resonance with on/off and volume controls
- Recorded at world-Class Toronto studio through classic Neve console
- Burl Mothership boutique-quality A/D converters used
- Premium API microphone preamps used
- 20+ velocities pedal up per key
- 20+ velocities pedal down per key
- 16 velocities release samples
- Advanced half-pedal control with catch
- Custom installer to automate the installation process
Ambisonic 3D Sound
Ambisonics channel provides complete 3D sound of the piano allowing the users to rotate anywhere in a sphere. The virtual microphone can be pointed at the piano or the room. The ambisonics channel was recorded using a Soundfield microphone. Ambisonics is the most flexible audio format allowing for single mic to 5.1 surround and beyond!
The player perspective was recorded in near-binaural to sound as if you were sitting at the piano!
Carefully selecting microphones, microphone preamps and converters makes all the difference to the sound quality of a sample library. Concert Grand used premium Burl Mothership analog to digital converters to capture the true sound of the piano. API and Neve preamps were used to amplify the Neumann, Royer, RCA, B&K etc. microphones. This is the best signal path imaginable in a studio environment.
WARNING!!! Concert Grand is not a product for the meek.
Consider all of the following before purchasing Concert Grand:
- It will take a really long time to download. Serving 77+GB to a customer is resource intensive.
- You will have to create your own backup of the library
- Concert Grand requires an SSD. You need to buy an SSD. You will be frustrated if you do not run this library from a SSD.
- Concert Grand is CPU intensive and can tax just about any computer with all options enabled.
- You need the full version of Kontakt, not Kontakt Player.
- Please do not buy this library if you have never installed a sample library before. Try a smaller library first.
- Concert Grand is not a perfectly sampled piano. It is not designed to be artificially flawless. If a note had mechanical noise, we left it in. Warts and all, it is snapshot of a large mechanical instrument.
- Expect a learning curve to get the most out of this library.
- Expect to invest some time calibrating your MIDI controller for your touch and playing style.
- Expect to have to adjust Release, Pedal Noise and other settings to best match your expectations of how a piano performs.
- Consider using a continuously variable sustain pedal with the library.
- For best results, use a quality weighted controller, such as Kawai VPC.
- One microphone perspective will likely playback fine with heavy sustain pedal usage, but Kontakt voice count limits the number of mics that can be used with sustain pedal down. Do not expect to play 88 notes X 9 microphones repeatedly resulting in hundreds or thousands of voices being generated without some compromise. No computer can stream a 1000 tracks instantly and flawlessly.
- We do not take returns. Try the demo before purchasing.
Concert Grand is a rewarding instrument that pays back anyone who invests the time to set it up.
Concert Grand LE is upgradable to Concert Grand Gold or the full version of Concert Grand. Concert Grand LE owners can email support for details.