Production Grand LE Description:
Production Grand LE is a high-quality piano sample library for NI Kontakt 4.2 and above, consisting of eight microphone perspectives and over 42,800 samples of a Yamaha C7 grand piano recorded in a world-class recording studio. Production Grand LE is the downloadable "Light Edition" of larger Production Grand. Production Grand LE contains both the Modern and Vintage Silver 16 bit 44.1 kHz editions of Production Grand. It is complete with eight microphone perspectives. Production Grand LE requires a full version of Kontakt 4.2 or Kontakt 5 and greater (not provided). For complete details, audio demos and manuals on Production Grand, please visit the Production Grand products page.
Production Grand LE is ideal for Studio Production, Stage Production, Film Score Production, Performance and more!
Note about file size: Production Grand LE is provided in compressed format made in Kontakt. Kontakt's compression format is loss-less meaning that it will sound exactly like the uncompress WAV source files from the sampling session. Production Grand LE source sample size before compression is approximately 77 GB!
Digital download delivery:
Immediately after purchase, download links are provided by email. The download consists of 14 ZIP files. Total file download size is approximately 25 GB. Only download three links or less at a time to avoid file corruption on download. Download times depend on internet connection speed.
The download requires additional Kontakt .nki authorized files that are emailed within 24 hours.
The files can be expanded using the free Stuffit Expander found here: www.stuffit.com or any ZIP utility. Mac users may be able to just double click the downloaded zip file within the Finder to unzip the file.
1. Player’s Perspective: Player’s perspective that is near binaural. When you put on your headphones with this perspective, it will sound like you are there playing the piano! The player’s perspective was recorded with a Crown SASS-P MKII.
2. Hammer Microphones: I’m a big fan of hammer microphones. With the hammers recorded you will get plenty of attack and a more aggressive sound.
3. & 4. Inside Microphones: This is the sound most people associate with piano recordings. We decided on two sets of inside piano microphones: vintage Neumann U87s (they say West Germany on them!) and the modern Rode NT2As. This gives the player the ability to get that classic piano sound or the modern wider-range sound or both!
5. Outside Microphones: Just outside the piano we used really expensive Neumann M149 modern tube microphones. The engineer called these the “Golden Sound” microphones. This microphone pair has a classy sound and a more balanced tone than the inside and hammer microphones.
6. & 7. Room Microphones: In an attempt to give you modern and classic choices, we used Coles ribbon microphones and AKG C414s on the rooms. The ribbons sound like… ribbons… smooth and velvety! Ribbons take EQ well; another reason to include them. The AKGs sound true to the piano’s tone in the room.
8. Under Piano Microphone: Underneath the middle of the piano we used a PZM (pressure zone) microphone to give a clear centre image to the sound.
Room Microphones: Coles Ribbon, AKG 414
Hammer Mics: B&K
Inside Mics: vintage NeumannU87, modern Rode NT2A
Outside Piano: Neumann M149
Piano Bottom: PZM
Player’s Perspective: Crown SASS-P MKII for near binaural experience when played!
***Note: We used an elite studio with very expensive equipment to get such an amazing sound! We didn’t hold back! ***
Requires NI Kontakt 4.2 or Kontakt 5 or greater (not provided).
A computer that meets the minimum Kontakt requirements.
26 GB of free hard drive space.
Solid State Drive or Raid Drive recommended for best performance with 3 or more microphone perspectives active at one time.
Note: Compatible with the full version of Kontakt 4 or Kontakt 5 only (not provided). Not for use with Kontakt Player.
*77 GB represents the fully uncompressed library with 16 bit 44.1 kHz samples. The files are delivered and usable in the Kontakt lossless compression format that compresses the samples from 77 GB to 25 GB with no audio quality loss.
Production Grand LE is upgradable to the full version of Production Grand for $149. If you are a Production Grand LE registered user wishing to upgrade to the full Production Grand, delivered on USB 3.0 hard drive, please contact support and request the upgrade.
What is the difference between Production Grand LE and Production Grand?
Both function identically (interface and controls) except that Production Grand LE only contains 16 bit 44.1 kHz samples. Production Grand contains two additional higher quality sample rate options: 24 bit 44.1 kHz and 24 bit 96 kHz.
Production Grand is delivered on USB 3.0 hard drive with a courtesy download of the Modern Silver Edition to get users started before the hard drive arrives while Production Grand LE is delivered by download only.
[table “” not found /]
Specifications subject to change (with or without notice) as updates and improvements are made.
PDF Production Grand User Manual This manual covers the full version of Production Grand which includes the Production Grand LE Silver edition samples.