Four stereo microphone pairs:
Hammer Microphones – Inside the piano for a bright attack. This is what you typically hear in other piano samples (such as workstation keyboards and other sample libraries), but, of course, without the other microphone pairs to add life and warmth to the sound that the Studio Grand Piano LE has.
Mid-Side – Located just outside the piano. These samples give a different perspective and warmth. You can use the mid-side sound on its own or combine it with other microphone pairs to give breadth to the sound.
Spaced Pair – Just outside the piano by the lid for a more balanced sound and stereo image. The spaced pair are fairly neutral sounding, but give the user a good sense of the true tone of the piano.
Room Microphones – Captures the live ambience of the studio the piano was sampled in. No need to add artificial reverb to get that “studio” sound. These microphones add dimension, personality and realism to the studio piano sound.
- Four phase-aligned microphone pairs for complete control over the piano sound!
- 1.8 GB of source WAV samples delivered in lossless FLAC
- 24 bit 44.1kHz samples
- 7 round robin sustain pedal mechanical noises resulting in an authentic damper pedal sound.
- 4GB RAM
- 2 GB of Free hard drive space
- 64 bit operating system (Any Mac with 10.6.8 and above, 64 bit windows)
- A computer that meets the minimum Plogue Sforzando requirements
- Plogue Sforzando FREE sample player- available for free here: https://www.plogue.com/products/sforzando/